Do people often say that you’re a natural leader? Do you love to share your knowledge with others? Do you want to be part of a growing team that is making a real difference in the medical field? We have a place for you. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, who thrives on challenges and who excels in a dynamic and innovative environment.
As an Embedded System Technical Leader, you’ll help design and maintain new and existing applications for our growing team. As such, you’ll provide leadership and technical direction to the on-board team.
Your days will be varied, but if we had to choose 5 words to describe your role, here's what they’d be:
- INNOVATIVE: You’ll lead the embedded application development lifecycle from design to delivery as well as post-launch support, keeping them on the cutting edge of technology. You’ll stay abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
- COACH: You’ll enjoy being a champion of our collaborative culture by playing the role of coach with developers, whether in terms of technical support or the transfer of your knowledge.
- TECHNICAL EXPERT: You’ll provide accurate estimates of the design specifications. You’ll continuously evaluate development processes, technologies and tools in order to collaborate on the department’s continuous improvement program and products. You’ll be a partner in our orientation towards IoMT (Internet of Medical Things) and towards artificial intelligence.
- LEADER: You’ll effectively communicate the progress of tasks, evaluations, suggestions, deadlines as well as technical and process issues.
- FACILITATOR: You’ll coordinate with the co-developers and be the liaison between the development team and the Project Manager. You’ll document the development process, architecture and standard components.
Life at Umano Medical
Enjoy a dynamic work in which fun, trust and teamwork are a priority. Benefit from a flexible schedule with the ability to work from home a few days a week. Be part of a culture focused on everyone's strengths and talents-all while advancing your career within the organization according to your interests. Participate in weekly kick-offs to discuss project progress with your colleagues. Attend monthly general meetings that sometimes end in happy hours. Drink as much coffee as you want at Umano Medical-all while soaking up the sun on our roof terrace. Are you ready for a new chapter?
There are still many other perks when you work with us:
- New offices with collaborative spaces
- A structured orientation and integration program
- 13 statutory holidays, including 7 during the Holidays
- A rewarding field of work
- An active social club
- Group insurance and a pension plan
Join a committed and enthusiastic team within a growing company. People are truly first and foremost here, and you'll feel it from day one. Come live the Umano Experience!
The skills we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 12 years of experience in embedded design + 2 years of technical leadership
- Excellent level of written/spoken English
- Experience with embedded programming (C#, C/C++)
- In-depth knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience in systems architecture
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, RS-232, LIN, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Modbus communications
- The ability to make informed and immediate decisions with minimal long-term repercussions
- A strategic approach to problem solving
- Excellent mentoring, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Efficient communication between departments: you can easily communicate with all disciplines and simplify complex information for different audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology and help others improve their skills
- Knowledge of ISO 62304 (an asset)